Why it is so important to track a customer, especially for a B2B Business? The answer is simple since the sales cycles are long and valuable, companies wouldn’t like to miss any single customer or lead. They would definitely like to nurture prospects for a period of time before it converts or can be dropped.
To achieve the same the companies deploy a lot of marketing technology tools to map and keep a check on the activities during the nurturing period. These technology tools together are called a marketing technology stack, in regular parlance, it is called a martech.
A B2B technology stack is a collection of software and tools that a business uses to automate, streamline, and optimize its marketing, sales, and customer service operations. The right tech stack can help businesses improve their efficiency, productivity, and reach.
Here are some of the most important components of a B2B technology stack:
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software: CRM software helps businesses track and manage customer interactions, from leads to sales to support. Like Hubspot or Salesforce
- Marketing automation platform (MAP): MAP software helps businesses automate simple and complex marketing tasks, such as email marketing, lead nurturing, and social media marketing. Like Mailchimp
- Content marketing platform: A content marketing platform helps businesses create, manage, and distribute content across multiple channels. This could be your WordPress or website stack.
- Social media marketing tools: Social media marketing tools help businesses post, connect with and engage with customers on social media platforms. like Sprout Social
- Search engine optimization (SEO) tools: SEO tools help businesses improve their website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). like Moz.
- Paid advertising tools: Paid advertising tools help businesses reach potential customers through online advertising platforms, such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Marketing analytics and intelligence tools: Marketing analytics and intelligence tools help businesses track and measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns.
- Data Platforms: If the data is humungous like you are in the business of say advertising platforms or cloud computing or manufacturing, you may need a data platform like SCIKIQ to manage all the internal and external Data.
A lot of people ask me what is the ideal Marketing Tech stack for a B2B Business. I am listing here one of the tech stacks you can use for your business.
Unbounce (Landing pages)
Typeform (All kinds of forms)
Sprout Social (Social media Management)
Segment/ Datadog/Insider (Lead Generation Tracking)
Clearbit/InsideView (Lead Scoring/identify right leads )
Autopilot/Webengage (customer Journeys)
Zapier (API Connector)
Amplitude/MoEngage (Customer engagement)
Sales loft/Kently (Sales engagement)
Call Rail/Aircall (Call tracking)
Kissmetrics/Mixpanel (One view of the data)
Intercom (Live chat)
Zendesk/Freshworks (Customer support)
Mailchimp/ActiveCampaigns (Bulk emails)
Zoom (Video meetings)
SCIKIQ (All in one Data platform)
Of course, a big question is affordability. Feel free to replace tools and reorganize the tech stack according to your needs. But try using the best tools available even when it is expensive, it amazingly enhances the customer experience on the website and you love it.
Technology is increasingly becoming part of the core marketing, If you are a marketer, you need to understand the tech as much as you understand other aspects of marketing.
I have created a comprehensive guide on how, to begin with B2B Businesses. Download the complete guide to B2B marketing from Gumroad.